Thursday, September 19, 2019

Getting Better at Getting Better

I wanted to let you know that I presented Thursday at the WASDA Fall Superintendents Conference in Madison, and the sectional that I co-facilitated was titled: Chart Your Course for Continuous Improvement and Transformation Via SAIL.

Initiative overload and competing cultures regularly prevent districts from preparing every graduate for college/career. What is needed is organizational coherence, where large numbers of people have a deeply understood sense of what has to be done and see their part in achieving that purpose. It's a shared meaning, capacity, and commitment to action cultivated through pervasive leadership. Participants learned how creating a coherent system is arguably the most important journey you can lead.

I was very proud to represent our district and am blessed to serve in this leadership capacity. I want to thank each of you for owning your school's SAIL work and for committing to the adult learning frameworks and 100 day action plans that are set up to impact our students!

I look forward to seeing you again soon in your classrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment