Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Life Lessons at 50



There are a lot of sounds around us each and every day, some that fill our buckets and some that deplete our buckets. I turn 50 on Thursday of this week, and I got a birthday message from my student teacher supervisor I had back in my UW-Whitewater days. This was 1996 (I know!) in Fort Atkinson at the Middle School. Mind you, I do not keep in touch with her at all but she emails me once a year and I got this note that I wanted to share with all of you.

Why?

I think it shows that we have so many opportunities each and every day to make an impact, to spread joy, and to pay it forward. 

Hey JL,

Tis joy I feel again to be wishing you a Happy Birthday. As you age, so do I. It is with great pleasure that I am still able to send a birthday greeting to you. As you begin a new birth year, may you continue to embrace your daily challenges with an open heart and mind. Work hard, play hard, take chances, love big, have faith, make a positive difference each day, listen to hear, and keep diving right in for those underdogs in our world. Keep smiling and thanks for all the memories I have of our adventures together. I am so proud of you. All the best to one of the best.

How can you pay it forward to someone this week? Be that person who can positively fill someone's bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment