Friday, July 10, 2020

Lindholm welcomes our new Director of Secondary Learning with a familiar face!

 
This Wednesday, Rachel Hermann, former Lowell Elementary Principal was approved as our next Director of Secondary Learning. Rachel takes the place of Dan Keyser, who is now serving as the Interim Superintendent in the Beloit School District. This will be Rachel's 16th year in education. She started off as a high school English teacher for 8 years and then came to Waukesha in 2010, where she taught high school English at North and middle school English at Les Paul. Rachel then moved into a curriculum coordinator position in Waukesha, serving the 6th-12th grade Social Studies and English teachers. While in that position, she attained her Principal's and Director's licensure, and then made a move she never in a million years would have predicted and that was to become an elementary school principal. Serving in that role the past 4 years at Lowell, Rachel has learned so much about the importance of relationships, collaboration, family engagement, and of course, kids! It was the ultimate example of backwards design having taught seniors for many years, she got to see where kids ended their education journey in our schools and then being in elementary land, she got to see where they began. It truly was a rewarding experience for Rachel on many levels.
On a personal note, Rachel says, "I have 2 wonderful children, Sam and Sophie. Sophie is in 5th grade and Sam is starting 7th grade this coming year. My husband, Scott, is a Spanish teacher, and he continually grounds me as I navigate educational theory with the complex realities of teaching in a classroom. I have a strong passion for reading and writing, and in my free time, I imagine sitting by an ocean (it's been difficult to get to one this past year) and reading a good book. In reality, my free time mostly consists of watching my kids play on their various sports teams, which I also really enjoy!"
Please help me welcome Rachel Hermann to our central office team!


1 comment: