Friday, September 21, 2018

All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten!

Omar Masis at Blair Elementary
A timeless saying such as, all I need to know I learned in Kindergarten, rang true for me this week as I heard a quote from one of our K teachers, Omar Masis, that resonated with me. While I was in his classroom at Blair Elementary, he was engaging in an activity with his scholars and he said to me, "see you celebrate what you value."

I am choosing to celebrate our teachers and assistants this week because I value them!

I have seen caring, thoughtful educators excited to work with students and patient in re-establishing routines of engagement and learning.
I have seen coherence around high expectations, classrooms creating literate rich environments, and a belief that none of us can do this life changing work alone, but that through teamwork and collaboration, we can impact student lives.
I celebrate everyone working with our most precious children because I know that we will reach our achievement goals when everyone is collaborating around student results.

What are you willing to sacrifice so that a team in your school can be better at getting better?

No comments:

Post a Comment