Thursday, March 26, 2015

LV HOOPS

Love hoops!

This blog post is also my license plate and you might be asking, what does hoops have to do with leadership and learning? Celebrating the Badgers victory and their advancement to the Elite Eight, I found myself reminiscing as to why I loved this sport so much! Basketball was my LIFE from third grade through college and although I couldn't even run up and down the court right now without pulling a hamstring, I realize that the daily commitment to a sport I loved continues to drive my passion today.

Learning to trust your teammates, working hard when no one is watching, leading with optimism in times of complexity, loving what you do....these are values that I held true. They are the same values upon which I navigate working with a new team at Lindholm and the same values that drive my passion to help all of our schools reach championship status in the School District of Waukesha.

As you head into Spring Break next week, take time to cultivate your personal and professional well-being. In the moments when no one is watching, ask yourself....have I given my best, have I pushed myself unselfishly to help my teammates and have I committed to being a leader on a championship team?


No comments:

Post a Comment